Thank you for your interest in the 2012 Destin Area Summer Photo Contest. Please read these instructions carefully before submitting your photo.
Photos will be divided into the following categories and each person may only submit one photo per category:
• Family Photos - children playing in the sand, families enjoying attractions around Destin, etc.
• Beach Photos - grand sandcastles, beautiful sunsets, etc.
• Harbor/Bay Photos - fishermen and women unloading the day's catch, the harbor bustling on a busy Saturday, dolphins frolicking near the docks, etc.
The contest begins on Monday, Aug. 20, and ends at 11 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 6, 2012. Photos must be submitted between those dates and times to be considered. Only amateur photographers are allowed to enter. Winners in each category and one overall winner will be selected by the Destin Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and staff. All winners will receive a Destin prize package, filled with goodies from the area, and will be printed in the Destin Area Chamber of Commerce's 2013 membership directory. Winners will be announced on the Chamber's website by 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 19.
By submitting your photo, you are giving permission and all rights for usage of your photo to the Destin Area Chamber of Commerce to promote the Destin area on its website, in marketing material, and/or in its membership directory without any compensation to you. We also reserve the right to permit the photos to be used by Chamber members, other publishing companies, and/or publications if requested. Submitted photos become the property of the Destin Area Chamber of Commerce.
This contest is for digital images only. Print images will not be accepted. The Chamber is not responsible for returning any print images sent to its office. Photos that have been digitally enhanced or altered in any way will not be accepted.
When you submit your photo, please state that you accept the terms of this contest. No photo will be posted on the website until terms are accepted, and the Destin Area Chamber of Commerce has the right to refuse any entries not deemed suitable for publication. The Destin Area Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to add or remove the photo at any time as it sees necessary.
Email photos to Contest@DestinChamber.com. Please remember to include the following in your email:
• Photo - Accepted forms are jpg or gif. Photos should be 300dpi at 5x7 size.
• This statement must be included within your email: "I accept the terms of this contest, and this photo is not copyrighted."
• Please write a few words about the photo, including where and when it was taken and why it is special to you. Include the photo credit you wish us to use with your photo on the photo contest web pages. Example: Jill Smith Destin, FL
If you do not wish us to use your name with your photo, please state that within your email.