Hurricane Michael Resources
This is a collection of resources that may be useful to those looking for assistance, as well as those who would like to assist in relief efforts. Please note that these lists are not comprehensive. If you would like to add information, please send it to mail@DestinChamber.com.
Assistance For Hurricane Victims
- FloridaDisaster.org - Open shelters, distribution sites and more
- Okaloosa County School District - Enrolling Students Displaced by Hurricane Michael
- Emerald Coast Association of Realtors - Short-term (2-6 Month) Rentals
- VISIT FLORIDA has compiled an extensive list of resources for those affected.
- Trustmark Bank Storm Assistance Hotline: (888) 876-5782
- During storm clean up, call 811 before you dig to have underground utilities marked for you.
- Destin Palms Vacations is offering discounted rooms to first responders, volunteers, and those displaced by the hurricane.
Resources for Those Wishing To Provide Assistance
- Volunteer or donate at VolunteerFlorida.org.
- The Destin Chamber's Destin Forward Class, in conjunction with the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Emerald Coast, is collecting personal hygiene products to be distributed by the clubs in the affected areas. Items may be dropped off at the Chamber at 4484 Legendary Dr. Ste. A, in Destin.
- If you currently have availability to accept displaced travelers and residents or house first responders staged in our area, please email rates to DailySpecials@myokaloosa.com. The Emerald Coast Convention & Visitors Bureau's Visitor Information Team is currently fielding calls for those seeking a place to stay and this information will greatly assist. True hotel properties can register to assist by calling FEMA at 1-866-545-9865
- The Church of Destin is accepting donations. Checks may be made payable to the Church of Destin and dropped off at the Destin Chamber.
- On Oct. 18, the Destin Fisherman's Co-Op, the Fleet Marina, and the Destin Charter Boat Association are taking a boatload of supplies to Gulf County.
- Destin Commons, Brotula's Seafood House & Steamer, Cuvee Kitchen & Wine Bar, and Jackacuda's Seafood & Sushi are collecting supplies for Hurricane Michael Relief. Century 21 Blue Marlin Pelican will accept supplies at its Destin location to drop off at Destin Commons.
- Healthy Coast Meals is accepting donations to prepare healthy ready to eat meals to hurricane victims and first responders. It has prepared and delivered 150 meals towards its goal of 1500.
- ResortQuest by Wyndham Vacation Rentals is collecting supplies.
- The Frances Roy Agency is collecting supplies.
- Grayton Beer Company is collecting supplies.
- Food For Thought is collecting baby items and accepting volunteers.
- Rhodes Auto Repair is collecting supplies.
- Children's Volunteer Health Network is accepting financial contributions and supplies.
- Junior League of the Emerald Coast is hosting a diaper drive in support of the Junior League of Panama City's Diaper Bank.
- 3rd Planet Brewing is collecting supplies.
- Norton Insurance of Florida is collecting supplies.
- The Okaloosa County Tax Collector's Office is collecting supplies.
- The Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation will be accepting donations of new art supplies during its Festival of the Arts on Oct. 27-28.
- Complete Signs is holding an online fundraiser for Feeding the Gulf Coast.
- The Sonder Project is providing assistance and volunteers to low-income neighborhoods.
- All Legendary Marine locations are accepting supplies and donations are being accepted for PanhandleRelief.org.
- Is That 4 Me Boutique is hosting a coat and sweater drive through Nov. 16.