Float Teller Full Time (40 hours)
Thank you for your interest in our company! To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into your account.
JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
A Teller at Hancock Whitney is primarily focused on creating 5-Star client interactions. These excellent service experiences are centered around accurate cash handling, speed of service, superior problem resolution, risk mitigation through fraud detection, and personalized value-added client discussions.
Teller wages start at $15.50 per hour (depending on experience) and associates are eligible each quarter for an additional monetary referral-based incentive depending on production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works to build, maintain, and grow client relationships through quality, personalized client interactions based on 5-star client service, according to company standards.
- Handles client transactional needs such as processing deposits, withdrawals, check cashing requests, credit card advances, money orders, and other forms of negotiable items.
- Handles client servicing requests such as service charge clarity and account maintenance.
- Maintains a working knowledge of products, services, and processes offered.
- Achieve required level of outbound phone calls using client and prospect lead list to educate clients on digital solutions and financial need resolution.
- Educates clients within the financial center on digital solutions such as mobile, online, and ATM offerings all centered around convenience.
- Refers clients to internal business partners as client needs are discovered.
- Assist with financial center morning and evening duties to include opening and closing the vault, working and locking the Night Depository, setting up workstation with supplies and cash, and balancing drawer/financial center.
- Assist in managing operational loss within a financial center to include: seeking supervisory override for transactions outside of authority, proper hold placement for loss mitigation, and superior balancing.
- Accurately utilizes equipment and remains knowledgeable of equipment functionality to perform role.
- Adheres to professionalism standards to include demeanor, dress, and station orderliness.
- May function in a mentor capacity offering guidance, instruction, and coaching to fellow associates enforcing policy and procedure.
- Assists in the responsibility of managing the lobby by actively engaging, greeting and directing client lobby traffic.
- Performs research for clients as needed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by Management.
- Incumbent is required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
Minimum of 6 months cash handling and customer service experience required.
Previous sales and referral experience strongly preferred.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate related equipment to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 30 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an “undue hardship” then the employee must be accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.