Senior Universal Banker ($1000 sign on bonus)
JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
A Senior Universal Banker acquires, manages and retains meaningful relationships with clients using a consultative sales and service approach to proactively fulfill their financial needs.
Senior Universal Banker (Platform Banker) will receive a $1000 sign on bonus upon hire. (excludes current associates)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages existing clients and prospects by meeting with them, both in person and over the phone, to build and maintain strong, lasting relationships, discover financial needs and tailor product solutions to meet the client’s overall financial needs. This activity may be in the financial center, out-bound calling, visiting businesses or conducting educational seminars.
- Proactively educates clients on alternate delivery methods and channels that make client’s lives easier by providing self-service options, including emerging technology and digital solutions like mobile, online and ATM options, to access their accounts 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- Refers clients to other business partners to provide clients with experts who can assist them with their specialized financial needs.
- Applies product and procedural knowledge to solve client problems appropriately and efficiently to enhance the client experience.
- Processes a variety of routine and complex transactions for Financial Center clients, including deposits, withdrawals, and loan payment processing.
- Engages in client and/or prospect management activities.
- Drives proactive sales conversations, through outside interactions with a consultative sales process and financial needs assessment including, identifying and independently acting upon sales opportunities to build a strong pipeline of appointments to meet assigned sales goals.
- Leverages ecosystem partnerships as well as community centers of influence to acquire, expand and retain relationships.
- Assists in the responsibility of managing the lobby by actively engaging, greeting and directing client lobby traffic.
- Will be asked to perform the duties of the role based upon the needs of the financial center.
- Supports the Bank's strong risk management culture through awareness, knowledge and sound decision making.
- Ensures operational and financial safety and soundness. Maintain awareness of the environment, the situation, and the client. Leverages Lobby Management as a tool for managing client interactions and risk.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) is required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 years of sales and client service experience in a professional environment; banking experience in client service and sales role; prior banking experience highly preferred or Bachelor’s degree and 1 year cash handling and customer service experience in retail or a financial institution
- Advanced knowledge of applicable banking products and regulations
- Proficiency in operating and navigating multiple banking systems and applications, and utilizing search tools to find information
- This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008
- State Life & Health Insurance licenses preferred
- Employment is contingent upon meeting initial and ongoing registration requirements, including acceptable background investigation results
Hancock Whitney BankTavia Jones