BOTE® is seeking a Graphic Designer. The Graphic Designer is an idea-driven conceptual thinker who excels at translating design strategy into creative solutions. The person in this role will work on a diverse range of projects in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Candidate must be an action-oriented individual who learns quickly, works independently, and creates solutions to diverse problems. Someone comfortable with multi-tasking, resolving competing priorities, and meeting project deadlines. Our designers are empowered to research new ideas, generate sketches, visualize concepts and communicate clear design intent through compelling design solutions. Organizational skills, streamlined production methods and good work ethic are a must.
Candidate will be expected to work closely with Creative Brand Director, Marketing Team, and Product Team. This individual will be working from the BOTE Corporate Headquarters.
- Learn the BOTE family of products and be able to understand how their authentic application relates to consumers.
- Execute the visual articulation (style and tone) of brand strategy, initiatives, objectives and goals through best-in-class design solutions.
- Be a steward of and maintain the BOTE Brand in all designs.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with creative design team, in order to generate creative ideas.
- Effectively present creative concepts to internal teams, with thoughtful rationale.
- Take design direction provided by Creative Brand Director and use it to design collateral at various sizes, resolutions and mediums.
- Maintain knowledge of creative marketing trends and best practices.
- Develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts.
- Prepare and format graphics for print, web, social, and email production.
- Prepare final assets according to specific print production guidelines at high levels of accuracy, efficiency and replication, such as but not limited to packaging, labels, marketing collateral, point of sale communication and presentations.
- Assist with preparation of graphic materials for product production.
- Manage, organize and maintain company media assets.
- Make proactive recommendations to streamline & improve creative processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong time management skills. Demonstrates a high degree of flexibility within tight deadlines.
- Passionate about the paddleboard industry, and the lifestyle that the BOTE brand represents.
- Experience in print, digital, and social marketing/advertising.
- Fast learner who is willing get their hands dirty and learn on the job.
- Ability to be confident, patient and polite when dealing with difficult situations.
- Desires a long-term career that offers growth in marketing and product design.
- University degree or college diploma in graphic design, art or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in a creative/graphic design position preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and create an effective design.
- Experience working in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, HTML/CSS and/or CAD knowledge a plus.
- Excellent time management abilities with a proven ability to multi-task .
- Attention to detail and service-oriented approach.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it!
BOTE was founded in Destin, FL by husband and wife team Corey and Magda Cooper, with the purpose of reshaping the standup paddle board industry from what was largely identified as surfing offshoot to a distinct culture built on conceptually simple, aesthetically pleasing and functionally innovative products that would appeal to people from all walks of life. The company has rapidly redefined the industry through the delivery of a distinguished brand built on a distinct mission: “To stand apart through industry-shaping innovation, fresh ideas and simplicity to create a product that defines a lifestyle.”
To apply: Send resume or credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org.