- The Vacation Planning Specialist’s primary responsibility is to capture as many reservations as possible by utilizing effective selling techniques and all available tools. The ideal candidate would be self-motivated, sales-minded, customer-focused and detail-oriented with a high degree of computer literacy, the willingness to learn new processes, and the ability to merge into a dynamic work environment. This is an entry-level position.
- Hourly base pay plus commission on booked sales.
- Assist guests by selling future reservations.
- Promptly follow up with guest inquiry leads for second chance bookings.
- Answer telephone calls and emails in a prescribed and professional manner.
- Assist customers with questions regarding their existing reservations.
- Provide general knowledge of the property and surrounding area including restaurants, entertainment, special events and general directions.
- Deliver the highest standard of service to all customers.
- Effectively manage daily correspondences and operational tasks to exceed customer expectations and expand customer base.
- A minimum of two years related experience and/or training in reservation or hospitality industry. Candidates with a strong sales background in non-hospitality related field will be considered.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and possess excellent telephone etiquette. Ability to answer client’s questions and successfully resolve issues and/or negotiate matters related to client’s account.
- Must maintain clear and concise documentation and positive approach to conflict resolution.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of MS Windows and Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, etc).
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
- excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Windows: 1 year (Preferred)
- Phone Etiquette: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts