City Manager Lance Johnson announced a soft reopening of some of City of Destin’s facility lobbies, including city hall and community center, starting Wednesday. The gradual reopening includes limited public access to some buildings, with restrictions, and following all Center for Disease Control (CDC) social distancing guidelines.
• Destin City Hall Lobby will be open to the public on Monday, Wednesday and Friday (8 am to 5 pm).
• Destin Community Center Lobby will be open to the public on Tuesday and Thursday (8 am to 5 pm) and Saturday (9 am to 1 pm). All organized activities are suspended.
• Destin Library is open Monday and Friday (9 am to 5 pm) and Wednesday (1 pm to 5 pm). All organized activities are suspended. Curbside service is available.
• City Hall Annex municipal services will remain available to the public via phone and online. Limited in-person meetings are available at the discretion of city staff and by appointment only.
“Most city permit’s and services are available via phone or through virtual means. We encourage all citizens and businesses to use our website at www.cityofdestin.com
or reach out to us by phone at 850.837.4242,” stated Lance Johnson.
The following city operated playgrounds are now open to the public:
• Children’s Park at Morgan Sports Center (4200 Indian Bayou Trail)
• Clement Taylor Park Playground (131 Calhoun Avenue)
• Buck Destin Playground (724 Legion Drive)
• Destin Sports Complex Playground (633 Kelly Street)
• Kell-Aire Nature Walk Playground (874 Kell-Aire Drive)
The parks and recreation staff will sanitize equipment; however, park patrons are highly encouraged to bring hand sanitizer as an added measure. As information evolves regarding COVID-19 city officials will provide updates across all city social media platforms and website (www.cityofdestin.com