• HALF DAY SUMMER CAMP: A summer day camp will be offered at the Destin Community Center from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m., Monday through Friday, with a lunch program from 12 - 1 p.m. The camp is for ages 5 - 12 years of age and costs $65 per week for non - Destin residents and $50 per week for Destin residents (lunch is an extra $15/non-resident & $10/resident). Each day will be a morning full of fun activities including games, crafts, swim days (towel and swimsuit required), structured playtime, and snacks. Counselors and campers will have their temperatures taken upon arrival and will adhere to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) guiding principles. The camp runs every week from June 15 - July 31, with no camp the week of June 29 - July 3. Please call 654-5184 for more information.
• KID’S NIGHT OUT: The Destin Community Center will host a Kids’ Night Out event for ages 5 – 12 on Friday, July 17, 2020, from 6 - 9 p.m. Kids will have a night full of games, crafts, food, and lots of fun. The cost is $35 for non - Destin residents and $30 for Destin residents. Preregistration is advised as spots are limited.
• REDBIRD ART CAMP: The Redbird Art Experience invites children ages 5 and older to come and express their creative side & imagination! Using a variety of recycle materials, their art will be one of a kind and enjoyed for its beauty & originality. The camp will be Friday, June 19, and Friday, July 10, 2020, from 1 - 2:30 p.m. The fee is $30 for non - Destin residents and $25 for Destin residents. Spaces are limited. Please register in person at the Destin Community Center Monday thru Friday.
• SOCCER CAMP: A soccer camp will be held at the Destin Community Center Monday, June 22 through Thursday, June 25. Camp is for children ages 5 - 12 years old and will be from 1 - 2:30 p.m. Camp for Ages 5-6 will be at the Destin Community Center and camp for ages 7 - 12 will be held at Morgan’s Sport Center. The camp will focus on the basics of soccer. The fee is $25 for non-Destin residents and $20 for Destin residents. Spaces are limited. Please register at the Destin Community Center.
• GARDENING CAMP: A gardening camp for ages 5 - 12 will be held at the Destin Community Center Tuesday, July 7, thru Thursday, July 9, 2020, from 1 - 2:30 p.m. Participants will plant vegetation both for themselves and areas around the community center. The fee is $30 for non - Destin residents and $25 for Destin residents. Pre-register to reserve a spot!
• BABYSITTING SAFETY COURSE: This course will be taught by the Destin Fire Control District at the Destin Community Center July 7 and July 30, 2020, from 1 – 3 p.m., for children ages 11 - 15. The cost is $50 for non-residents and $45 for Destin residents. Students will be certified in CPR and First Aid by the American Heart Association.
• BASEBALL & SOFTBALL CAMP: The City of Destin will hold a baseball and softball camp at Threadgill Park (711 Hickory Street), for children ages 7 - 10. Camp will be on June 29 - July 1 and July 6 – 8 from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. Children will learn the fundamentals of softball like hitting, fielding, and throwing. The fee for this camp is $30 for non-residents and $25 for Destin residents.
• DAZZLER DANCE CAMP: The Destin Dazzlers from Destin Middle School will be hosting a dance camp at the Destin Community Center. The date for the camp is TBD, from 1 – 3 p.m. The fee is $30 per camper and is open to children ages 4 to 10 years old.
• DESTIN SENIOR MEMBERSHIP: Join the Destin Seniors Membership to enjoy multiple festivities including the senior lunch bunch, potluck, casino trips, bingo, chair exercise, knitting, scrabble, and Mexican dominoes. Members must be a Destin Resident to join. For more information about becoming a member of the Destin Seniors, please call the Destin Community Center at 850-654-5184.
• DESTIN SENIOR CHAIR EXERCISE 50+ YEARS: Destin Senior Chair Exercise classes are offered at Buck Destin Park Monday and Wednesday mornings from 10 - 10:45 a.m., for Destin residents. The chair exercise consists of performing light exercises to help improve balance, flexibility, strength, and circulation. The class is free for Destin residents.
• DESTIN SENIOR WALKING CLUB: Join the Destin Senior Members for a walk around the Destin Community Center’s gymnasium on Monday - Friday from 8 – 9 a.m. All the miles that you walk will be added to our “team map” as we travel from one region to the next. The team’s miles are reported on the 4th Friday of each month at the Destin Senior Membership’s Potluck.
• SENIOR DROP-IN HOURS: The Destin Senior Center located at Buck Destin Park, 724 Legion Drive, offers senior drop-in hours every Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Seniors (50 years and older) meet to enjoy each other’s company, participate in games such as Mexican Train Dominoes, Scrabble, Poker, etc.
• 4TH OF JULY FIREWORKS: In honor of Independence Day, the City of Destin, and its sponsors, Compass Resorts and Z96, are hosting the 34th Annual Independence Day Fireworks Show. The fireworks show can be seen over the East Pass and will begin at 9 p.m., Saturday, July 4. Tune in to Z96 (96.5 FM) for the simulcast music. In the event of inclement weather, the fireworks show will take place on Sunday, July 5th at 9 pm.
• FAMILY INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION: The City of Destin will be hosting a Family Independence Day Celebration & Bike parade for children 14 and under. The event will take place at Destin Elementary School’s track on Wednesday, July 1, at 5:30 p.m., with registration beginning at 4:45 p.m. The event is free to the public. Come show off your decorated bike, scooter, or wagon. Awards will be given for different categories in each age division. Spectators are welcome and refreshments will be available to all participants.
THE ANNUAL BIG TRUCK DAY: The event will be held at the Destin Community Center parking lot from 9 - 11 a.m., on Friday, July 31, 2020. The event welcomes children of all ages to come and see the unique trucks we have working in our community. There is no charge for the event. For more information, please call 850-654-5184 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call the Community Center at 850-654-5184 for more information.