The 36th annual “Joy to the World” Christmas Parade will be held on Saturday, Dec. 12, 2020, at 10 a.m. The floats will begin at the Downtown Destin Shopping Center (Old Time Pottery) and travel west down Harbor Boulevard (Hwy 98) to Stahlman Avenue. Spectators are asked to stand on the north side of Harbor Boulevard to watch the parade. For those who wish to participate in the parade, please email Recreation@cityofdestin.com
to request an application. Applications must be received no later than Friday, Dec. 4, 2020, and can be dropped off in person to the Destin Community Center (101 Stahlman Ave), faxed to 850-654-8998, or email to Recreation@cityofdestin.com
. In lieu of an entry fee, each applicant must donate a toy, which will be given to Angel Tree Ministries. All donations can be dropped off at the Destin Community Center.
The City of Destin wants to bring hope and enthusiasm during this time of year while being mindful of the challenges due to COVID-19. All parade participants and spectators are strongly encouraged to protect themselves and their loved ones by doing the following:
• Wear a mask/face covering.
• Maintain physical distance of at least 6 ft between individuals not within the same household.
• Please limit spectator groups to no more than 8 people.
• If you are sick, exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, or have been in close contact with a person suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19, please stay home.
• City staff is working on ways to live stream the parade and more details will be forthcoming.
Please call 850-654-5184 for more information