The Destin City Council voted on Monday, June 2, and approved staff to allow for full competition between child and adult fall sports teams from the same local geographic area with adherence to the Center of Disease Control (CDC) guiding principles for youth sports. In accordance with Governor Ron DeSantis’s latest Executive Orders (EO) concerning COVID-19, recreation staff are actively planning for the re-establishment of city programs and re-opening of fields to limited rentals under guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and the National Parks and Recreation Association for the benefit of our residents, businesses and guests.
The following facilities will open with limited organized programs:
• Destin Community Center (Morning Kid Camps and Specialty Camps will open June 15th)
• Morgan Sports Center (Walking Track, Multi-Use Field, and Gated Fields)
• Buck Destin (Basketball and Tennis Courts)
• Dalton Threadgill Little League Park and Facilities
• Buck Destin Senior Center (Senior Cards, Bingo and Stretch Classes)
The following city operated parks are open to the public:
• Children’s Park at Morgan Sports Center (4200 Indian Bayou Trail)
• Clement Taylor Park Playground (131 Calhoun Avenue)
• Buck Destin Playground (724 Legion Drive)
• Destin Sports Complex Playground (633 Kelly Street)
• Kell-Aire Nature Walk Playground (874 Kell-Aire Drive)
The Destin Community Center is now open Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information, please call the Destin Parks and Recreation Department at 850.837.4242.