HCA Healthcare’s North Florida Division Invests More Than $305M In Panhandle Hospital Improvements
Heading into 2020, patients across the Florida Panhandle will have access to larger, newer, state-of-the-art healthcare facilities, thanks to expansions and upgrades at four local hospitals.
Since 2015, four HCA Healthcare North Florida Division hospitals have invested in 19 expansion and renovation projects totaling more than $305 million. The projects have created an additional 116 inpatient beds and 48 emergency room beds for patients across the Panhandle. In total, patients in the Panhandle have access to 32 sites of care that include 4 hospitals, 2 freestanding emergency rooms, 2 urgent care center/walk in clinics, 1 same day surgery center and 23 physician practice locations. By the end of 2020, we will have opened an additional 3 free standing emergency rooms in Pensacola, Panama City and Navarre.
The renovations include:
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center in Panama City
- Sealed and repainted entire exterior of hospital
- Renovated all patient units
- Added two new state-of-the art Cath labs
- Expanded its robotic surgical capabilities
- Completed an expansion of its inpatient rehab center, followed by an ER and Trauma expansion and parking garage addition
- Relocated their Destin freestanding emergency room into a brand new facility
- Slated to finish its second freestanding facility, Navarre ER, in late 2020
- Recently unveiled plans for a new tower to add 24 medical/surgery inpatient beds and 18 ICU beds, an expansion to its parking garage, as well as building a new cafeteria and kitchen.
- Projecting to add 90 full-time employees after new expansion is complete.
Panama City ER, in May 2020
- Completed renovations on 27 beds in the ICU and Medical/Surgical Unit
- Expanded its OR department and its emergency room, which gained an additional 13 beds
- An expansion of the ER scheduled to be complete Jan 2020 and diagnostic center expansion in August 2020
- Slated to begin treating patients at the freestanding emergency room,
Niceville’s Twin Cities Hospital
- Recently announced additional plans for new beds, including 20 for medical/surgery, 12 for ICU and 18 for inpatient rehab
West Florida Hospital
- Completed an ICU expansion and renovation
- Currently undergoing an ER expansion
Additional support and economic impact include:
- Expanded its Pediatric & Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and OR departments to continue to provide care to the growing number of Pediatric Patients seen at West Florida Hospital.
- Completed a freestanding emergency room, Perdido Bay ER, in 2018 to meet the needs of the community in West Pensacola, Perdido Bay and South Alabama.
- Slated to finish its second free standing emergency room Pine Forest ER, in Fall 2020 that will give residents of Northwest Escambia County better access to emergency care.
- Slated to complete additional future projects, including an expansion to the hospital’s main ER and two new operating rooms, to meet the growing demand from the community to utilize West Florida Hospital for their healthcare needs.
Hurricane Michael Colleague Investment
“Each of these projects reflects our commitment to ensuring residents of the Panhandle always have access to outstanding quality medical care when they need it most,” added
- Held 2 recruitment events across the panhandle to help individuals displaced by their current employer or those looking to relocate. Coordinated HCA Healthcare job fairs across the panhandle resulted in 259 hires between November and December 2018 and 1,648 hires 2019 YTD
- HCA Healthcare’s Hope Fund helped more than 1,129 colleagues, totaling more than 3,000 including family members, contributed over $1.1 million in financial support to colleagues and provided housing/shelter, cash cards and supplies.
Michael P. Joyce, President, HCA Healthcare North Florida Division. “By creating additional access points and capacity, we look forward to serving more patients and acting as a resource and partner to these communities.”
To learn more about HCA Healthcare North Florida, visit www.hcanorthflorida.com.