Letter from SOF Missions: Emergency Funds Needed
1. We don't normally send emails like this, but this is a unique circumstance.
2. SOF Missions is continuing to work hard to empower veterans to find purpose and be resilient. We aim to provide premier whole health programs to at-risk veterans; changing lives and building strong families. We offer a unique approach to combat veteran suicide through a whole health intradisciplinary method.
But, the reality of COVID-19’s impact to our programs began last year when we had to cancel many of our in-person events. Lockdowns and government restrictions forced many of our partner organizations and businesses to limit participation at our clinics making it more challenging to serve veterans in need.
3. Will you please make an urgent gift of $29 to provide necessary resources in 2021 to make sure we can continue to support the brave men and women who have sacrificed so much?
Our staff and volunteers are doing everything we can to address the most pressing needs, but...
We need your help to continue the core mission of our programs.
4. The warriors we serve come from places of hopelessness. But through SOFM, they are equipped to cope with their struggles, integrate back into society and grow spiritually to find a sense of self.
5. Your gift will enable us to serve more veterans in need at our Be Resilient Clinics where we bring together providers from psychological, social, spiritual and physical domains to assess and overcome challenges of military service and combat such as PTSD, chronic/acute pain, sleep issues, isolation, stress and moral injury.
6. Addressing the suicide epidemic within our veteran and active-duty community requires an intradisciplinary whole health approach in order to effectively overcome struggles and live a life of wellness.
But the needs extend beyond our 1-week intensive clinics. That's why we are so focused on the aftercare — offering 30, 60 and 90-day re-evaluations with our medical director.
It will cost $40,000 to help us continue our core mission to meet veterans where they are at and help them heal mentally, physically and spiritually. Your gift of $29 offers the hope they so desperately need.
By giving a one-time gift today or signing up for a recurring gift, you can ensure that we help our heroes find purpose and be resilient.
7. These are unprecedented times so there is no extra budget allocated for many of the updates being made during this season. Your gift today will provide instant relief.
8. Your generosity is desperately needed. Please donate today to help empower warriors to find purpose and be resilient.
For those we serve, thank you.
Damon Friedman, DIS
LtCol (ret), USAF Special Warfare
President | SOF Missions