NWFSC is committed to helping our community and business attract and retain a talented, vibrant, and skilled workforce. We offer apprenticeships in the Construction, Culinary, Hospitality, HVAC-AC-Ventilation, CNC Machining, Plumbing, and IT. The program will blend classroom instruction and On-the-Job training to provide business and employees world-class training leading to employer recruiting and retention and giving employees tangible skills and certifications to better their careers.
Apprenticeship is an industry-driven, high-quality career pathway where employers can develop and prepare their future workforce, and individuals can obtain paid work experience, classroom instruction, and a nationally-recognized, portable credential.
The length of an apprenticeship program can vary depending on the employer, complexity of the occupation, industry, and type of program.
Tuition: No cost to apprentice, employers pays for the program.
Benefits to you the student!
· Earn as you learn with a guaranteed wage increase as you develop new skills
· Receive an industry-recognized and nationally-portable credential or academic credit toward a college degree at no cost to you!
· Gain workplace-relevant skills and mentorship in the field of your choice
There are many ways to find the right apprenticeship opportunity for you.
· Apprenticeship opportunities are offered through an employer or the program sponsor. Contact the employer or the program sponsor for more information about a specific opportunity or reach out to the workforce development staff at email@example.com
· Fill out the application on NWFSC’s website for more information about a specific opportunity or meet with us in person at NWFSC.
· CNC MACHINING
· MAINTENANCE TECH. *
o MANAGER IN TRAINING
*Pending State approval
STEPS TO BECOMING AN APPRENTICE
Are you looking to become an apprentice? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
we can assist you with the next steps in your career path!
Employment by a licensed/certified employer. Northwest Florida State College Apprenticeship program is accredited by the State of Florida. The state requires apprentices to be employed and trained by a journeyman worker in your field.
Contractor Sponsor. If you are already working for a company and would like your organization to participate in this program, email@example.com
to talk with your organization.
Register for the program. NWFSC will register apprentices throughout the year. Your employer must notify NWFSC Apprenticeship Coordinator of your participation in the program before enrolling.
Credit towards Apprenticeship Apprentices are able to use prior work history and skills for credit towards the On-the-Job training and Relative Technical Instruction hours. You will be required to provide prior work history, recommendation from participating employer, and/or testing by employer and NWFSC.
16-24 years of age
Working for a licensed partnering contractor (we will assist you with partnering with a local employer)
· We Care Heating and Air
· Ascension Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
· Jordan Air Enterprises, INC
· Tempa Cure
· Climate Engineers of Florida
· Plumb Rite of NWF, LLC
· Fort Walton Machining
· McGuires Irish Pub
· Emerald Grand Hotel & Restaurant
· Props Brewery
· Coastal Protection Inc
· Planned Systems International Inc
· AA Tactical Inc