Okaloosa and Walton County Traffic Advisory
Drivers will encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads in Okaloosa and Walton counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
In preparation for the Labor Day holiday weekend, there will be no lane closures or other activities that impede traffic on major state roads beginning at 6 a.m. Friday, Sept. 2 and ending at 12 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 6.
- State Road (S.R.) 20 (John Sims Parkway) Resurfacing Project – Drivers will encounter intermittent east and westbound lane closures on S.R. 20, from Edge Avenue to west of the Rocky Bayou Bridge Tuesday, Sept. 6 through Thursday, Sept. 8 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. for median widening and sidewalk construction activities.
- Brooks Bridge Replacement Project – Drivers may experience the following traffic impacts Tuesday, Sept. 6 through Saturday, Sept. 10, from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. as crews perform geotechnical investigations and utility work.
- U.S. 98 east and westbound alternating and intermittent lane closures between Perry Avenue and Pier Road.
- Santa Rosa Boulevard east and westbound alternating lane closures from east of Amberjack Drive to Ross Marler Park.
- Intermittent shoulder closures on Brooks Street, between Perry Avenue and Florida Blanca Place, and on Business Access Road.
- S.R. 85 Improvements from U.S. 90 to Commerce Drive – Crews will be constructing Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant ramps and conducting drainage work at various locations. This work will require intermittent lane closures Tuesday, Sept. 6 through Thursday, Sept. 8 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. During the closures, drivers will be able to access the side streets from the outside travel lane.
- U.S. 98 Widening from Emerald Bay Drive to Tang-O-Mar Drive – Next week, drivers will encounter intermittent and alternating east and westbound lane closures, Tuesday, Sept. 6 through Thursday, Sept. 8, from 8:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. These closures are required for asphalt paving, thermoplastic striping and work list items. One travel lane in each direction will remain open at all times.
- U.S. 98 Resurfacing Project from Village Road to east of U.S. 331– Drivers may encounter intermittent east and westbound outside shoulder closures to allow crews to widen existing turn lanes between Village Road and U.S. 331. Additionally, shoulder closures will continue as crews construct the new U.S. 98 westbound turn lane at Don Bishop Road, with a speed limit reduction to 35 mph. The turn lane construction is expected to continue through September 2022.
All activities are weather-dependent and may be delayed or rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through a work zone and to watch for construction workers and equipment entering and exiting the roadway.
For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com
, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl and Instagram @myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at MyFDOTNWFL.