CareerSource Okaloosa Walton’s Board has been awarded a $150,000 Disaster Recovery Dislocated Worker Grant to provide disaster-relief and humanitarian assistance temporary employment opportunities. The purpose of the grant is to minimize the employment and economic impact of COVID-19 in Okaloosa and Walton counties. Funds are limited!
The following are examples of potentially allowable temporary disaster-relief job duties:
• Projects that provide food, clothing, shelter, and other humanitarian assistance for disaster victims.
• Loading, unloading, packing, delivering food and emergency supplies (may include truck-driving).
• Delivering to and/or shopping for necessary food and emergency supplies for home-bound individuals
• Increasing volunteer and/or employee slots when governmental and nonprofit agencies face an increased workload due to the emergency (e.g., 211, Guardian ad Litem, hospitals, food distribution centers, nursing homes, domestic abuse shelters).
• Healthcare professionals and aides.
• Positions to assess needs and provide assistance and resources to individuals affected by the emergency.
• Sanitation workers
CareerSource Okaloosa Walton will partner with a temp agency to find prospective employees to work for your organization The temp agency will also be responsible for payroll. Pay will be commensurate with others doing like-type work.
Our first step is to determine community interest. If your organization would like to participate, please complete this simple survey
. CareerSource Okaloosa Walton will report community interest to the Department of Economic Opportunity at the state level early next week, and respond with more information for those who complete the survey.