United Way Emerald Coast
(UWEC) hosted its ‘40 Under 40’ awards celebration on Friday, September 16 at The Island Resort. Presented by Florida Power & Light
, nearly 200 people attended the sold-out awards celebration which recognized Okaloosa and Walton counties’ top young leaders.
“FPL is honored to partner with United Way Emerald Coast as the Presenting Sponsor of the ’40 under 40’ event to recognize our local up and coming leaders,” offered Bernard Johnson, Florida Power & Light’s Regional Manager. “The evening was full of creativity and fun, and our team is excited to support all of the honorees as well as learn about the organizations and causes that they support in our communities.”
UWEC received more than 150 nominations for the award. The applications were reviewed by a selection committee comprised of professionals from a variety of local businesses and nonprofit organizations. The 40 Under 40 were selected for their excellence in the areas of leadership, community involvement, and professional accomplishment.
“40 Under 40 is my favorite annual event,” said UWEC President & CEO, Kelly Jasen. “It is incredibly inspiring to see the great work being done by this group of young professionals. We are proud to recognize these awardees for their outstanding contributions and are grateful to the many volunteers and sponsors who made the event possible.”
At the event, UWEC also recognized the ‘Emerging Leader of the Year’ and presented the first ‘Forever Young’ award.
Ryan Mims, Chief Health Strategist and Public Health Services Manager at Florida Department of Health in Walton County was recognized as the ‘Emerging Leader of the Year.’ Ryan Mims volunteers as a ReadingPal, serves on the Emerging Leaders committee, and is a champion of United Way Emerald Coast’s work in the community.
40 Under 40 awardees were invited to nominate a mentor over the age of 40 who lives and/or works in Okaloosa/Walton that has contributed to their success. Several nominations were received and the Emerging Leaders Committee selected Tim Bolduc, City of Crestview City Manager as the first ‘Forever Young’ award recipient. Tim was selected for the outstanding leadership, mentorship, and guidance he offers young professionals throughout the community.
The second annual event was planned and coordinated by UWEC’s Emerging Leaders committee. Emerging Leaders are young professionals under the age of 40 dedicated to creating lasting impact in our community. These professionals make an annual contribution of $120+ to UWEC and receive opportunities to connect, serve, and lead throughout the year. To learn more about Emerging Leaders, including eligibility requirements, upcoming socials and volunteer opportunities, please contact Aubrey Robbie (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Briley Kennedy (email@example.com)
United Way Emerald Coast’s 40 Under 40, Class of 2022
● Alexander Fogg, Okaloosa County, Destin - Fort Walton Beach
● Arielle May, Catholic Charities of Northwest Florida
● Ashley McCallum, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
● Brieanne Raines, Vitas Healthcare
● Brittnee Orr, Fort Walton Beach Housing Authority
● Carrie Parker, Bridgeway Center Inc.
● Chrissy Hartley, Dream Team Realty of Northwest Florida
● Eva Wise, Catholic Charities of Northwest Florida
● Joanna Soria, Waterstone Mortgage
● Jordan Staggs, VIE Magazine/The Idea Boutique
● Joseph Richardson, Richardson Realty International
● Katie Anderson, Let’s Get Social Society + Bleached Babes
● Kelly Cash, Westonwood Ranch, Inc.
● Kelly Curry, The Idea Boutique
● Kevin Henderson, CHELCO
● Matt Langford, Shalimar United Methodist Church
● McKayla Hale, Extra Ordinary Delights
● Megan Harrison, Walton Area Chamber of Commerce
● Melissa Ehlers, Hurlburt Field Airman & Family Readiness Center
● Misty Rae Ruthrauff, Saltwater Restaurants, Inc.
● Nic Dezinski, Vertex Solutions
● Reid Soria, Autism Sings, LLC
● Shiri Brandenburg, Air Force Enlisted Village, Inc.
● Stephanie Wedel, Coca-Cola United
● Ta’ki Brown, United States Air Force
● Thomas Everidge, Publix
● Tim Haney, Fresh Prints of South Walton